Pages

Thursday 29 January 2015

Luis Figo Stands As FIFA Presidential Elections 2015 Candidate

One more name has been added in the list of FIFA Presidential elections 2015 in the form of Luis Figo. Yes, the former Portuguese international has shown interest in FIFA Presidential election who is going to challenge Mr. Sepp Blatter. Figo entering the crowded race has more to do with the tactical machinations going on between FIFA's Zurich and UEFA's Nyon than the Portuguese football great having any noted sporting political ambitions - even with compatriot Jose Mourinho's endorsement.

Luis Figo Participates in FIFA Presidential Elections 2015


Figo tasted huge success in his football career during Barcelona and Real Madrid duration. He was one of those players who moved to Real Madrid from Barcelona.
On his official twitter account, Luis Figo announced his candidacy for the FIFA Presidency. A Tweet featuring "I'm delighted to announce my candidacy for the FIFA Presidency. Football has given me so much during my life and I want to give something back."
With an interview with CNN, he said "I care about football, so what I'm seeing regarding the image of FIFA - not only now but in the past years - I don't like it. If you search FIFA on the internet, you see the first word that comes out: 'scandal.' Not positive words. It's that we have to change first and try to improve the image of FIFA. Football deserves much better than this."
"Last year was the World Cup, I was in Brazil and I saw the reaction of all the fans regarding the image of FIFA and I think something has to be changed."

List of Candidates For 2015 FIFA Presidential Elections

  • Luis Figo
  • Jerome Champagne
  • Jordanian FA president Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein
  • Dutch FA chairman Michael Van Praag
  • David Ginola

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We have saved your comment we will get to you within 48 hrs.